Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living (FACIL) facilitates collaboration among member Centers for Independent Living and other stakeholders, resulting in a
unified statewide voice advocating for equal rights for people with disabilities.
February 3 & 4 in Tallahassee
May 12 & 13 in Altamonte Springs
August 11 & 12 in Atlamonte Springs
November 3 & 4 in Altamonte Springs
All persons are invited to the James Patrick Memorial Work Incentives Personal Attendant Services (JP-PAS) Program Oversight Committee meeting to be held on February 19, 2015 at 3 pm via telephone to discuss the status of the program. A copy of the agenda and call in information may be obtained by contacting Everett Condry at (850) 575-6004 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting is asked to advise the agency at least 5 days before the meeting by contacting Everett Condry at (850) 575-6004 or email email@example.com. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8771 (TTD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
Vacant Executive Director Position
About the Organization
The Center for Independent Living of North Central Florida (CILNCF) headquartered in Gainesville, Florida prides itself on a history of over 30 years of providing services for people with disabilities, by people with disabilities. Our organization provides services to individuals on a cross-disability basis and is consumer-driven.
- Provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning guidance. Takes ownership of the overall success of the organization and ensures its continued relevance in the community.
- Management of the long-term and daily financial health of the organization.
- Communicating effectively on behalf of the organization and its mission in order to advance the rights and independence of people with disabilities.
- 10+ years of management experience in either the for profit or not-for-profit arena.
- Experience in budgeting and financial management at the program and organizational level, with accountability for managing a budget of over $1M.
- Knowledge of disability civil rights legislation and laws, including the ADA and acceptable hiring practices and accommodations, as well as current trends and issues.
- Experience in human social services and knowledge of fee-for-service programs, grants and public sector funding is preferred.
- Skilled communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to navigate change and see the big picture while not losing sight of day-to-day responsibilities and obligations.
- Demonstrated expertise in community and public relations, fund raising activities, verbal and written communication, legislative matters, business administration, and program development and management
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university, preferably in a related field such as Rehabilitation, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Social Services or other related health profession. Masters preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff and consumers on a cross-disability basis.
- In keeping with the mission of the CILNCF, it’s preferred that the Executive Director have personal experience with significant disability. If applicable, please explain in your cover letter.
Salary commensurate with experience. A competitive compensation package will be made available to the qualified candidate.
For more information, visit cilncf.org/job-postings.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and send to the CILNCF using one of the following methods (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE):
Mail: Attn: Human Resources, Center for Independent Living, 222 SW 36th Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32607
Announcement may close at any time. Reply as soon as possible.
Please note: The CILNCF provides accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Administrator at (352) 378-7474 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
CILNCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. Persons with disabilities, veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.